On an ASA 5520 with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.0(3), I had set up an SSL VPN. It was working okay as it was set up for dhcp to an existing subnet, which I assume was proxy-arping for its clients. Attempts to access other subnets using split tunneling was producing “No translation group found for ..” errors. I tried every possible combination of nat exceptions, which believe me was a lot. ASDM sometimes would throw errors when adding them and when I’d do this by hand sometimes I’d get an “Unable to download NAT policy for ACE” error. Frustrated, I removed almost everything I did and rebooted the damn thing.
This fixed the problem. Seriously, the Cisco needed a reboot. It wasn’t a config thing, as I saved just before the reboot. Perturbing. Now I’m using an address pool, and I’ve gotta go back and setup routes and our disappointly static routed network to the new pool.