Have: Debian box running request-tracker3.6, installed via apt. Notes for LDAP and that squirrely Display.html bug.
1) Download RT-Extension-CommandByMail
2) unpack, compile, install:
tar -xvzf RT-Extension-CommandByMail-0.05.tar.gz
sudo make install
when asked for the location of RT.pm it is ‘/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/’
3) add: ‘@MailPlugins = qw(Auth::MailFrom Filter::TakeAction);’ to the end of ‘/etc/request-tracker3.6/RT_SiteConfig.pm’ (before ‘1;’)
4) restart the webserver: ‘/etc/init.d/apache2 restart’
5) review the list of commands.
6) send an email and try it out (subject: ‘[$rtname #ticketnumber]’, rtname is set in RT_SiteConfig.pm) and put a command on the first line of the email
You’ll have whatever permissions your email account has. So that’s a spoofable security concern, but whatever.