This is a fun one, by fun I mean I just got to spend 6 hours on it sans lunch.
Outlook 2007 crashing on startup on Vista.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 5/14/2008 12:09:46 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6212.1000, time stamp 0x46e03e45, faulting module OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6212.1000, time stamp 0x46e03e45, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x004a3d0a, process id 0x308, application start time 0x01c8b5f606eba5ae.
<Provider Name=”Application Error” />
<TimeCreated SystemTime=”2008-05-14T19:09:46.000Z” />
- Scanpst on all pst files. Did see an error about the junk mail list being full.
- remove some recent office update to the junk mail filter
- restore to last system restore before a glob of overnight office updates
- open up mailbox in another profile, works fine, emptied deleted items.
- open up mailbox in a new profile on another computer with 2007/xp, crashes.
- open up mailbox in owa works fine.
- turned off junk mail filtering in owa, lists were empty, added an address to each list.
- use the mapi editor to remove the junk mail rule on the inbox, inconsequential.
And the winner is! Opened up mailbox in outlook 2003.
Yup, then it worked fine in 2007. Great times.
Do you try to create a new profil?
open up mailbox in a new profile on another computer with 2007/xp, crashes.
On another computer, and the same computer. As soon as it started downloading the messages it would crash, sometimes you’d get a message or two each time, which made me wonder if it as a junk mail filter / imf problem.
I did not try a profile with cached exchange mode disabled.
We had a similar problem with a number of users – crashed while downloading new mail, often making it impossible to open. We use Exchange 2007 / Outlook 2007 cached mode – had to swtich off cache mode (via Control Panel | Mail profile). Open Outlook on client, then re-enable cache mode. SORTED (not sure what caused the problem in the first place – suddenly started happening on about 30 of our PC’s on same Exchange environment)
Same problem here. I can confirm that NCDSW’s fix worked here as well.